A place for discussion, opinion, and news for Kingstree and Williamsburg County, SC

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Restaurant Review: Scott's BBQ

I love to try new things, especially food. One might say I am a foodie. In an effort to try something new, I stopped at Brunson's Crossroads outside of Hemingway recently to try a BBQ joint I had heard about - Scott's BBQ.

I went inside this country store and waited in line to get their wares, one pound of pulled pork BBQ and a barbecued chicken half. Unique for the area, the sauce was added after my order and to the quantity wanted.

My family loved the pulled pork with a heavy peppered and smokey taste. We were sampling another stores pork bbq, Scott's was gone and 3/4 of the other restaurants was left (we won't mention their name - Mother always said ,"if you can't say something nice....). It is definitely worth another pound or two in the future.

The half chicken looked and smelled great. The sauce was also applied at purchase. The chicken was well cooked but lack flavor withouth the skin. Not knowing if we were expecting great chicken like the pork or it just lacked flavor - we felt let down by the chicken half. Do not get me wrong, the chicken was good it just wasn't great like the pork.

Scott's BBQ is known outside of our area. A couple good Ol' Boys from Birmingham Southern College wrote about them (for college credit) in a 17 day BBQ Odysey. Their remarks will bring more people seeking their great pulled pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment